By request, here is the recipe for my very favorite salsa. The kind I eat until I get sick, then I eat some more. YUMMMM. I have taken this dish to a few family events, work, club meetings, etc. Always a hit.
I got the basic salsa recipe at a pampered chef party, then my friend Jenny had the idea to add corn/black beans to it. And together, we made magic....
1/2 white onion
jalepeno, de seeded
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (or more if you are like me)
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 package of plum tomatoes
salt and pepper
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
I use the Pampered Chef manual food processor. Love this little thing, it rocks!
- In the chopper add: onion, cilantro, squeeze the lime, pressed garlic glove, dash of salt and pepper, jalapeno. process until all ingredients and finely chopped
- Add in 1/2 the package of tomatoes, process until they are finely chopped.
- Add in the last half of tomatoes and process until they finely chopped.
- Empty processor into large bowl
- drain corn, add to bowl
- drain and rinse black beans, add to bowl
- thoroughly mix all ingredients
- enjoy with tortilla chips!