Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tripp'letts update

Lyla had her well check a week ago, and the twins the week before so I figured it would be a good time to do a kid update.

Lyla, at 4 year check up is weighing in at 33 pounds, and I forgot her height :(  She is going to make the switch to 4T clothes soon, but only because the season is changing.  She could probably stay in 3T for longer.  My sweet little girl.  Though, if you call her little her response will be: "I am NOT little, I am petite!".  
She got to pee in a cup for the first time ever.  She wasn't quite sure what to think of it.  I finally had to bribe her with a lollipop.  She also had a vision test, and scored amazing.  She must get it from her father. I am nearly blind.  However, he did notice that one eye goes crossed sometimes.  He made her an appointment with the Ophthalmologist whom we will go see next week.  Since we know her vision is great, it must be muscle related and could require minor surgery.  I am hoping a patch will do the trick.  It worked for me when I was the same age with the same problem.
She got 4 shots.  Which she asked for! Literally! She told the nurse she wanted "pour" shots because she was "pour".  Well, she got them.  It was awful.  She kept looking at me saying "mommy, no no no, ouchie! ouchie!".  I had to hold back my tears and be strong for her. She cried for a good while after the shots.  She obviously was more heartbroken than anything.  Our dear nurse came in with a photo copy of the movie that was playing in the waiting room.  Lyla had been talking non stop about the horse movie, and really wish we had it.  After her visit, her daddy took her to the store and of course got her that movie.  How could we not after that traumatic experience?
Her Godly gift of compassion is becoming very clear.  We as parents are trying to encourage that in her and help her grow that gift.  I am thankful that she attends a preschool that works in the community and teaches them about volunteering, fundraising and helping others.  Not sure I could do as good of a job as they do!  Besides that, she loves to people please.  Which can be a great characteristic, but it can also be a curse if you don't learn how to balance it.  Trust me, I know this.  We will teach her how to stand up for herself but without hurting others.
She just started her "preK4" class at her daycare.  She has a list of site words that we have been working on at home.  After the first week she can say, recognize, spell and write Apple and See.  She is keeping right up with the older kids in her class.  I know I am her mom and all, but I think she may be gifted :)

waiting for her shots
her post shots movie treat
getting pretty good at bike riding
Princess CinderLyla


her first try of writing Apple



Lyla's first day as a Frog (last class before Kindergarten!)


Sean, 15 month check up is weighing in at 23 pounds.  He is healthy and growing right on schedule, with the exception of a few ear infections.  I bet he will have to have tubes soon.  I won't be looking forward to it, but  I know it makes a world of difference and is well worth it.  His big sister hasn't had a single ear infection since her tubes.
He is still Mr. Sensitive, but is getting better and better at self soothing and independent play.  As long as he can come crawl in my lap, cuddle for a minute, and then go back to play, he is fine.  He continues to eat healthy.  His favorite food is still broccoli (I know, little weirdo. Right?)
He has added a few words on to his vocabulary: ball (ba), Uh OH, dada, mama, thank you (dat chu), Lyla (ay ya) and a few others.  He is finally walking! He still crawls, but just recently in the past couple of days dropped it down to about 25%.  I think he finally learned to slow it down and take one step at a time.  He brings his knees up and to the side with every step, so he looks a little spastic when he walks, and it is very entertaining.
He loves to read and turn the pages and point at every picture and say "eh?".  He is very inquisitive and wants to know about everything.
Sean still has NO teeth. The doctor said that if they don't show up at their next well visit (now, only 2 months away) we will need to send him for xrays to make sure he has teeth.  So if he doesn't, do they make baby dentures?
With the change of season, we will be moving him into 24 month clothes.  Wow.  It seems like I was just shopping for 0-3 month clothes a couple of months ago.

Olivia, 15 month check is weighing in at 22 pounds.  She is closing the gap with Sean! Geez, can't imagine why.  It couldn't be the mounds and mounds of food she eats, could it? Her appetite is still very healthy.  She will try new foods, and loves every single one.  I haven't found a single food she doesn't like.  She even ate salmon the other night (yuck!).
The doctor noticed that she may also have a case of an eye crossing, and will be joining Lyla at the Opthamologist appointment.
She can also say: ball, Uh Oh, dada, mama, thank you, Lyla and a few others.  There is no leader in the talking race, though Sean does babble more.  Alot more.  However, Liv is definitely winning the mobile race.  This girl is almost running.  She can get around by foot 100% of the time and no longer crawls at all. That belly of hers must be a gas tank, because she has got some speed!
She has become a little more dependent on me.  I really like it though since she has never been a cuddler and more independent.  Just in the past few weeks, she has a fit when I leave the room or put her down.  She wants to be held alot more.  But when she doesn't want to be held, she will let you know.  If she isn't in one of her "moods" she is great at independent play.  Well, if Sean isn't around.  They fight a whole lot over toys. It can get pretty bad.  It makes it hard for me to do anything around the house other than sit in the playroom and play with them.  If I leave them alone, they can hurt each other.  But if I separate them, they get upset they can't see one another! Not that I mind playing with them every moment we are home. But someone has to cook and do laundry! Ohhh Tim!
With the change of season, she will be moving into 12-18 month clothes, though she could really stand to move up now. 

They are both still in size 3 diapers. It seems like it's been almost a year since they were in this size!!! They are both still on a great schedule.  Bed at 7:30, up for school at 6:30.  Bless my sleeping babies :)


happy and healthy babies

they love to go grocery shopping, Sean took the wheel on this trip

goofy babies







Playing games with Laura
Fun at Chuck E Cheese
They sometimes will all play together nicely, for a minute

No comments:

Post a Comment