Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fresh Mexi Salsa: may cause addictive behavior!

By request, here is the recipe for my very favorite salsa.  The kind I eat until I get sick, then I eat some more.  YUMMMM. I have taken this dish to a few family events, work, club meetings, etc.  Always a hit.
I got the basic salsa recipe at a pampered chef party, then my friend Jenny had the idea to add corn/black beans to it.  And together, we made magic....

Ingredients:
1/2 white onion
jalepeno, de seeded
1/2 lime 
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (or more if you are like me)
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 package of plum tomatoes
salt and pepper 
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn










I use the Pampered Chef manual food processor.  Love this little thing, it rocks!


Directions:

  • In the chopper add: onion, cilantro, squeeze the lime, pressed garlic glove, dash of salt and pepper, jalapeno.  process until all ingredients and finely chopped

  • Add in 1/2 the package of tomatoes, process until they are finely chopped.  

  • Add in the last half of tomatoes and process until they finely chopped.

  • Empty processor into large bowl

  • drain corn, add to bowl

  • drain and rinse black beans, add to bowl

  • thoroughly mix all ingredients

  • enjoy with tortilla chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment