Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bake Sale: S'mores cookies

I have been pregnant 4 times, I carried and birthed 3 children, I have fixed boo boo's, made decisions to shape their lives, given up (happily) so much of my life for these little people.  But I have never felt more like a mom until recently when I made cookies for a bake sale.  How much more "mommy" can you get? And I love it!!!!

I haven't ever been a crafty, baking, house keeping perfect by the book mom, but it sure is fun to try!  I decided for my first bake sale I would do s'mores cookies that my friend had made via Pinterest.  Of course.  It helped that I also made these same treats two days before for Lyla's class as her birthday treat and had WAY too many supplies leftover.  I went to Sam's, and saw a s'mores kit and thought "well that is just about perfect", so I bought it.  



I now have about 16 leftover hershey's bars.  Damn.  Now I am going to have to eat them.

So here is what I used to make them:
graham crackers
marshmallows (minis or big ones torn into four pieces)
hershey's chocolate bars
store bought cookie dough

If you are that perfect mom with all the time in the world, you can make your own cookie dough.  However, this realistic mom buys it already made.

They very technical instructions:

Preheat oven according to cookie instructions
line cookie sheet with graham crackers
scoop a dollop on top of the cookie
bake for 3 minutes

remove cookie sheet
squish a mini marshmallow or a piece of a larger one into cookie and press down
lay one square of Hershey bar on top of marshmallow
cook the remainder of minutes according to the cookie recipe





These are super easy and a fun and unique treat.  Thanks to Jenny for introducing me! And thanks to my kids day care for hosting the bake sale where all proceeds benefit the MDA
Here is her class working hard washing my van to raise money for the MDA as well.  



Lyla helped me make these butterflies which we are selling at her school as part of their fundraising efforts. So proud that her teachers are teaching them the importance of community involvement and helping others.  I may not be a perfect mom, but I am a very proud mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment