Friday, August 10, 2012

Flashback Friday: Lyla turns one!

You know what I love more than going to kids birthday parties? Planning and hosting kids birthday parties!!! I love it.  Love love love it.  Not sure why? I try my best to go to every party we are invited too, and I am usually as excited (if not more) than Lyla. I am just a kid at heart.

In honor of Lyla turning 4 next week, I thought I would go down memory lane and blog about her 1st birthday. The theme was "cupcake".  This was before I knew Etsy existed, before Pinterest was born and before I discovered my inner crafty craftyness.  Looking back, I would've done alot of things different, but at the end of the day it was perfect. I bought all the decorations online from Birthday Express.  I had a few photo albums floating around of pictures of just Lyla, during her first year.  I also passed around her baby book and asked people to sign it with a message.

I invited everyone I could think of that had ever laid eyes on my precious gift from God. We had quite the turn out! About 100-120 people showed up and we had a great time.  It was a summer pool party complete with pony rides, pizza, snacks and of course cake.

I shall tell the story through pictures.... (and I can't find the picture of the awesome beautiful cake! gotta find that!)









































No comments:

Post a Comment